Born in Westport, Jeremy Corbett is a middle-aged 6’2” Leo who likes potatoes, cordless drills and guitars. His broadcasting career began at student station Radio Massey, while studying for a BA in English and Computer Science. Since then, Corbett has developed a successful career in radio, clocking up 16 years as morning co-host on More FM, and has appeared regularly on Kiwi television screens in shows like 7 Days, The Paradise Picture Show, A Bit After Ten, The Gong Show, Pulp Comedy and Deal or No Deal.
In this ScreenTalk, Corbett talks about:
- How 7 Days came about, and what the success of the show means for New Zealand TV comedy
- Some of the early Kiwi TV shows that have influenced 7 Days
- How he started out in television, and who was there
- Amusing moments from TV shows like The Gong Show, Celebrity Squares and The Mad Mad World of Television
- The experience of hosting big live TV events like Christmas in the Park
- The challenges of fronting game shows like Deal or No Deal
- Some of his favourite Kiwi television comedies
was first uploaded on 10 May 2010, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.