Actress Nicole Whippy has created some memorable characters on our television screens. She debuted playing a warrior queen on Xena and then appeared in the film Vertical Limit. She made a splash on the drama Jackson's Wharf, before appearing in a raft of TV series such as Mercy Peak, Being Eve, The Strip, Outrageous Fortune and Nothing Trivial.
In this ScreenTalk, Whippy talks about:
- Being terrified having to ride horses on Xena
- Having all her acting flaws pointed out by a producer on Jackson's Wharf
- How a sexy costume helped her create Elektra in Being Eve
- Being taken on an intense emotional journey on the set of Mercy Peak
- Filming scenes from The Strip in a real strip club and refusing to go in the spa pool
- Playing an extreme version of herself on Outrageous Fortune
- How people on the street had some negative reactions to the role
- Auditioning for a role on Nothing Trivial that was modeled on her
- Feeling that her role on the show is the 'big one' in her career
was first uploaded on 26 January 2012, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside