Suzanne Paul made a splash on our TV screens as the Queen of Infomercials in the 1980s. She soon had her own TV show called Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?, followed by a range of other popular primetime programmes. Despite breaking a rib in the final episode, Paul won the third season of Dancing with the Stars.
In this ScreenTalk, Paul talks about:
- Transferring her selling skills from malls to infomercials
- Learning to accept having the mickey taken out of her
- Creating the concept for Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?
- Running out of celebrities for the show
- Finding out the title of Garage Sale was not literal
- Getting a role on How’s Life? despite being flippant
- How her episode of Intrepid Journeys changed her life
- Believing she was the comic relief on Dancing with the Stars
- Breaking a rib on live television but carrying on with the show
- How a bottle of port lead to the creation of the novelty song and music video The Blue Monkey
was first uploaded on 13 May 2013, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside