Dai Henwood is one of New Zealand’s favourite comedians. He began his TV career on stand-up show Pulp Comedy and followed that up with a number of presenting roles. His acting roles include Xena, Secret Agent Men and The Tribe. Henwood is best-known for his ongoing appearances in comedy show 7 Days.
In this ScreenTalk, Henwood talks about:
- Making his first joke at the tender age of five
- Cutting his comic teeth on TV show Pulp Comedy
- Being repeatedly smashed against a bar on the set of Xena
- Playing a molester on The Tribe
- Being laughed at in the Australian outback on his C4 show Roll the Dai
- Why 7 Days has to be checked by a lawyer
- How the kids’ pictures are his favourite part of the show
- Learning to cope with jokes about his height
- Being the son of veteran actor Ray Henwood
was first uploaded on 3 July 2012, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside