Producer Dave Gibson ran Wellington-based company the Gibson Group for more than three decades - producing movies, documentaries, television drama and comedy, and even making shows for mobile phones and interactive walls for museums. Gibson is now the head of the New Zealand Film Commission.
In this ScreenTalk, Gibson talks about:
- How studies to become a schoolteacher were overtaken by a growing interest in cameras and filmmaking
- How he began mining an international market for educational films
- How the Gibson Group worked on an eclectic range of projects, based on what interested them
- Making sure the money ends up on the screen, for example on acclaimed drama series The Insiders Guide to Happiness
- Using developing technologies for the company's museum work
- Ventures into feature films, including horror movie The Irrefutable Truth about Demons
was first uploaded on 11 October 2008, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview - Clare O'Leary. Camera and Editing - Leo Guerchmann