Jared Turner is the familiar face telling us how to conserve power in the Energy Spot commercials. Though born in New Zealand, Turner began his screen career on Aussie soap All Saints, before crossing the Tasman for 2004 film Fracture. Since then he has appeared in hit Kiwi dramas The Almighty Johnsons, Go Girls and Outrageous Fortune.
In this ScreenTalk, Turner talks about:
- Learning not to over-act on the set of Fracture
- Being impressed by the stunt team on 30 Days of Night
- Loving the experience of being on TV show Go Girls
- Having fun pretending to be a werewolf on Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
- The genuine camaraderie on the set of The Almighty Johnsons
- Losing his head while filming for Spartacus
- The talent and sacrifice behind Kiwi indie film The Last Saint
- Enjoying playing a bad guy for a change on The Brokenwood Mysteries
- Feeling terrified shooting battle scenes in When We Go to War
- The challenge of acting in prosthetics on The Shannara Chronicles
- Just being himself on the Energy Spot ads
This video was first uploaded on 13 June 2016, and is available on YouTube to embed and distribute via this Creative Commons licence.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside