Petra Bagust grew up in Christchurch, studied fine arts at Canterbury University and waited tables before being lured into regional TV station Cry TV. And so began a screen career during which she has hosted many of NZ’s most popular shows, starting out with mad-cap youth series Ice TV in 1996.
In this ScreenTalk, Bagust talks about:
- Considering a TV career over a career as a painter
- Her first experiences at regional station Cry TV
- How she landed her initial audition for Ice TV, and what it was like working on the show
- One of the golden rules of doing travel shows
- Hosting big live shows like Christmas in the Park
- Making What’s Really In Our Food
- Her love of NZ design
was first uploaded on 15 March 2010, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera & Editing – James Coleman. Sound - Cicadas