Actor and singer Esther Stephens made her television debut as Olivia on popular show Go Girls. Since then Stephens has acted on TV both here and across the Tasman, including Westside, When We Go to War, the Kiwi version of Underbelly, and in NZ/Australian co-production 800 Words.
In this ScreenTalk, Stephens talks about:
- Getting great direction from Peter Burger during Go Girls
- Enjoying the freedom of a guest role on Underbelly NZ— Land of the Long Green Cloud
- Canny planning while auditioning for a small role on Aussie show House Husbands
- Relishing playing a "fiery" character in When We Go to War
- Filling the shoes of a famous actress on Westside
- A sense of familiarity working with cast and crew on 800 Words
- How curiosity plays a part in her career choices
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside