Actor and singer Esther Stephens made her television debut as Olivia on the popular and long-running show Go Girls. Since then Stephens has played a number of guest and lead roles in shows both here and across the Tasman, including Westside, When We Go to War, the Kiwi version of Underbelly, and House Husbands. Her most recent role was in NZ/Australian co-production 800 Words.
In this ScreenTalk, Stephens talks about:
- Great direction from Peter Burger during Go Girls
- Enjoying the freedom of a guest role on Underbelly NZ— Land of the Long Green Cloud
- Canny planning while auditioning for a small role on Aussie show House Husbands
- Relishing playing a "fiery" character in When We Go To War
- Filling the shoes of a famous actress on Westside
- A sense of familiarity working with cast and crew on 800 Words
- How curiosity plays a part in her career choices
This video was first uploaded on 8 November 2016, and is available on YouTube to embed and distribute via this Creative Commons licence.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside