Michèle A'Court is an award-winning stand-up comedian, an author and a newspaper columnist. In this extended Funny As interview, she covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Growing up immersed in theatre, thanks to a mother who once toured with The New Zealand Players
- Facing police baton charges, in-between acting in a play about Steve Biko
- Being told she was "too funny" while co-presenting kids show What Now?, and being asked instead to play straight woman to the male presenters
- What journalism and stand-up have in common
- Terrifying audiences by performing live comedy while heavily pregnant
- Fellow comedy talents Mike King, the poetry-quoting Andrew Kovacevich and comedian in disguise Kevin Smith
This interview was recorded for 2019 TV series
Funny As: The Story of New Zealand Comedy.
All audiovisual content is copyright to Augusto, and may not be reproduced. Publication of
extended interviews made possible with funding from the NZ Lotteries Grants Board.