Ilona Rodgers has starred in a huge array of theatre, film and TV roles in New Zealand, Australia, and the UK. As well as appearing in many British and Australian TV shows screened in New Zealand, Rodgers has been a stalwart of locally made programmes such as Close to Home and Hunter's Gold. Probably best known for playing Maxine Redfern in Gloss, some of Rodgers' other screen credits include The Billy T James Show, Marlin Bay and the film Utu.
In this ScreenTalk, Rodgers talks about:
- Close to Home and the pioneering days of New Zealand television
- Frightening tourists on the set of Hunter's Gold
- The joy of being paid to be a well-dressed bitch on Gloss
- Taking a gamble on Marlin Bay
- The privilege of working with Billy T James
- Plunging off a balcony on the set of Utu
- Reflections on how 'lucky' she has been in her career
was first uploaded on 27 October 2009, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside