Katherine Kennard left drama school and immediately landed a role on Xena: Warrior Princess. Her big break came playing lawyer Joni Collins over four seasons of Street Legal. Since then Kennard has appeared in a range of TV dramas including Orange Roughies, This is Not My Life, Underbelly and Spartacus. She was also part of the cast of the comedy-drama Nothing Trivial.
In this ScreenTalk, Kennard talks about:
- Feeling overwhelmed on the set of Xena
- Learning how to hone her acting skills on the fast-paced Shortland Street
- Enjoying the ‘man’s world’ of Street Legal
- How her role on the show helped her grow as an actor
- Why This is Not My Life led to a change in direction for her
- Digging deep to portray a heroin addict in Underbelly
- Feeling like she had ‘come home’ on the set of Nothing Trivial
- How utilising personal vulnerability makes for better performances
was first uploaded on 25 June 2012, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside