Leigh Hart is well known for his offbeat comedy, which can be found on the internet, the moon, and in commercials for Hellers. Hart broke onto the small screen via cult sports show SportsCafe, before launching his own series, Moon TV. He has appeared in reality programmes and documentaries Shock Treatment, Descent from Disaster and DNA Detectives. His parody talk show The Late Night Big Breakfast Show was picked up by online channel WatchMe.com.
In this ScreenTalk, Hart talks about:
- How a chance encounter and some snails got him a job on SportsCafe
- Taking a proactive approach to getting Moon TV on air
- Taking a very different approach from April Ieremia on reality TV show Shock Treatment
- Never thinking his series Leigh Hart's Mysterious Planet would get funding
- Becoming part of the mystery in the final episode
- A personal connection to his story in Descent from Disaster
- Why The Late Night Big Breakfast is perfect for sponsorship
- Keeping guests on the show in the dark
- Realising it wasn’t all about him, while filming DNA Detectives
- The reality behind the Hellers TV ads
- Changes in his very distinctive voice
was first uploaded on 26 April 2016, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside