Radio DJ Simon Barnett has also done his share of television — and the odd movie. His screen debut was as a presenter on long-running kids’ show What Now?. He went on to host a range of other series including Face the Music, Clash of the Codes, Wheel of Fortune and Sing Like a Superstar. In 2015 he was the winner on reality TV show Dancing with the Stars.
In this ScreenTalk, Barnett talks about:
- Failing his first audition for What Now?
- Learning how to write and perform on the show
- Being a nervous wreck in a sex scene with Vanessa Rare for film Ruby and Rata
- An extremely stressful moment for a contestant on Face the Music
- Being impressed by the sporting lineup on Clash of the Codes
- The failure that was Sing Like a Superstar
- Losing 10 kilograms on Celebrity Treasure Island
- What Josh Kronfeld said to him before the final episode
- Why Dancing with the Stars was so much harder than he imagined
- His tough rehearsal schedule for the show
- How public feedback has changed over the years
- Feeling grateful for the opportunities that he’s had
This video was first uploaded on 25 October 2016, and is available on YouTube to embed and distribute via this Creative Commons licence.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside