Amanda Kennedy and Livi Reihana are The Fan Brigade, a musical comedy duo formed over a mutual appreciation of each other’s Twitter accounts. In this interview they share their experiences, including:
- Watching What Now? growing up, and Reihana’s love for its spin-off show Serial Stuff
- Meeting online, encouraging each other to do stand-up comedy, then writing a love song to Tamati Coffey the first time they met
- Winning the semi-finals of the Raw Comedy Quest at The Classic only the second day they’d met, and being encouraged to perform regularly by club owner Scott Blanks
- Serenading newsreader Mike McRoberts onstage with a love song, and reactions to their explicit material
- The real life experience behind their “RSA song”
- The pressures of coming up with a new show every year, and the challenges of online promotion
This interview was recorded for 2019 TV series
Funny As: The Story of New Zealand Comedy.
All audiovisual content is copyright to Augusto, and may not be reproduced. Publication of
extended interviews made possible with funding from the NZ Lotteries Grants Board.