Before launching her own clothing label, designer Liz Mitchell began her career creating costumes for stage and screen including Front Lawn classic Walkshort, and cult movie Angel Mine. Her best known costume designing role was for 1980s glamour soap Gloss.
In this ScreenTalk, Mitchell talks about:
- Starting out at TVNZ and working on 1986 drama series Seekers, starring Jennifer Ward-Lealand and Temuera Morrison
- The 'fantastic' experience of working on Gloss over three seasons
- How the fashion industry pitched in to help
- Designing the 'over-the-top' costumes for the series, complete with shoulder pads and loud prints
- Participating in the Benson & Hedges Fashion Awards - both behind the scenes, and on the awards podium
- Celebrating the legend of Gloss at a 20th anniversary party for the show
was first uploaded on 24 October 2008, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview - Clare O'Leary. Camera and Editing - Leo Guerchmann