Goretti Chadwick and Anapela Polataivao have been performing as comedy duo Pani & Pani since the mid 2000s. They created and hosted TV's Game of Bros, and have appeared on Fresh. This interview includes the duo discussing:
- Taking the mickey out of their mums’ enthusiasm for potatoes while growing up
- Their early love of Billy T James, and finding the best laughs were to be had in church
- How a failed attempt to avoid a famous teacher at Auckland Girls' Grammar School led Chadwick to acting studies at Unitec, and later taking up comedy
- Polataivao finding the itch for drama through cheeky improvisation during Sunday School plays, being a founder of theatre group Kila Kokonut Krew, and why she still considers herself a dramatic actor
- How Pani & Pani was inspired by Charlotte Dawson advice show How’s Life?, and trying to make each other laugh
- How Pani & Pani are highly exaggerated versions of themselves
This interview was recorded for 2019 TV series
Funny As: The Story of New Zealand Comedy.
All audiovisual content is copyright to Augusto, and may not be reproduced. Publication of
extended interviews made possible with funding from the NZ Lotteries Grants Board.