Actor and musician Madeleine Sami was starring in acclaimed stage plays and acting in Shortland Street, while still a teen. Since then she has appeared in TV drama The Insiders Guide to Happiness, and big screen hit Sione’s Wedding and its sequel. Sami also created quirky comedy series Super City, in which she played multiple roles.
In this ScreenTalk, Sami talks about:
- Having to be taught continuity on the set of Shortland Street
- Learning a lot from her more experienced co-stars on the soap
- Fun and chaos on the set of movie hit Sione’s Wedding
- How her most beloved scene in the film was not in the script
- Being in the most bloodthirsty episode of Xena
- Loving her role as the comic patsy opposite the lead in The Jaquie Brown Diaries
- Wanting to create a different type of comedy in Super City
- Mixed reactions to the show, from confusion to 'cultural icon'
- The challenge of playing five lead characters in Super City's first season
- Being taken by surprise by the news of a sequel to Sione’s Wedding
was first uploaded on 31 May 2011, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside