Shane Cortese made a name for himself on stage in London’s West End before coming home to New Zealand to begin a career in television. Since his return, Cortese has played TV roles across the spectrum of characters, including the evil Dominic Thompson in Shortland Street, and Hayden Peters in Outrageous Fortune.
In this ScreenTalk, Cortese talks about:
- His tumultuous contract wrangles upon leaving a UK stage show to return to NZ to be in Shortland Street
- What it is like playing the bad guy
- His initial feelings about the prospect of being on Dancing with the Stars
- How he developed his craft hosting So You Think You Can Dance
- The amusing story of learning about his starring role in Burying Brian
- How it felt to be part of the West family in Outrageous Fortune
- Details of his work in Brown Bruthas and The Almighty Johnsons
This video is available on YouTube to embed and distribute via a Creative Commons licence.
Interview, Camera and Editing – James Coleman