Dan Musgrove loves playing bad guys and has managed to do so in shows such as Underbelly NZ – Land of the Long Green Cloud, Go Girls and Westside. When not being bad, he has acted in fantasy programmes (Legend of the Seeker), got a girl pregnant (Piece of My Heart), and climbed a mountain (Beyond the Edge).
In this ScreenTalk, Musgrove talks about:
- Wearing PVC apparel on kidult hit The Tribe
- How a sex scene in Piece of My Heart shocked his family
- Playing opposite Keisha Castle-Hughes in Legend of the Seeker
- Relishing playing bad for a change on Go Girls
- Not thinking of his character as a bad guy in Underbelly NZ – Land of the Long Green Cloud
- Working with a funny cast and veteran director John Laing on the dramatic TV film Safe House
- How oxygen deprivation affected his performance on climbing Everest film Beyond the Edge
- The challenges of a tight budget on the film 3 Mile Limit
- Loving playing a bigot in tight pants on TV drama Westside
- Why the cast of the show are so much fun to work with
was first uploaded on 15 August 2016, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside