Actor Paul Ellis is best known for playing bad boy Fergus Kearney on Shortland Street. Since leaving the show, he has appeared in a number of New Zealand, US and UK television productions including The Chosen, Celebrity Treasure Island, Legend of the Seeker, Dream Team and Ice. He has also appeared in 2008 movie The Delphi Effect and online soap Auckland Daze.
In this ScreenTalk, Ellis talks about:
- Auditioning for a part on Shortland Street at the tender age of 18
- Viewing his character Fergus as a bad boy with a good heart
- Loving working with Claire Chitham on the show
- How a part on the UK show Dream Team challenged him as an actor
- Feeling nervous and a little out of place on Celebrity Treasure Island
- Being in the film The Delphi Effect (aka Kiss Me Deadly)
- Enjoying the large scale of production on Legend of the Seeker
- Having to shave his head for the role of a monk on the show
- Finding it weird playing ‘himself’ on Auckland Daze
was first uploaded on 30 April 2012, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside