Morgana O’Reilly is an actor and playwright who began her screen career performing in comedy series such as The Jaquie Brown Diaries and Super City, as well as the comedy drama Nothing Trivial. O’Reilly starred in TV movies Safe House and Billy, and in comedy horror hit Housebound. In 2014, she scored a role on long-running Australian soap Neighbours.
In this ScreenTalk, O’Reilly talks about:
- Making an impression on the director of The Jaquie Brown Diaries
- Feeling overwhelmed on the set of Nothing Trivial
- Playing a pregnant woman for TV movie Piece of My Heart
- Why not being blonde wasn’t a problem for the role of Billy T James’ wife in TV movie Billy
- Being nervous about working with children while starring in Safe House
- Trying to improvise on comedy Sunny Skies
- Finding a connection between her character and herself in Housebound
- Having a riot on set with fellow actor Rima Te Wiata
- How a banana kept things interesting on the set of Neighbours
This video was first uploaded on 23 May 2016, and is available on YouTube to embed and distribute via this Creative Commons licence.
Interview, Camera and Editing – Andrew Whiteside