Dawn Raids Television (Full Length) – 2005 Documentary Captioned

Dawn Raids

Television (Full Length) – 2005 Documentary Captioned

PG Parental Guidance

Hi Ana V, its mele your cousin HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mele P

Mele P 25 Mar 2015 - 11.50am

I found this really fascinating. Doing this for history right now in year 12 and it amazes me to know the struggle polynesians had endured back then.Very happy to see the humble responses that the island people replied with. So glad that we're overcome this dark time hoping that we can now appreciate our diversity factory workers and cleaners. :)

Ana V

Ana V 25 Feb 2015 - 03.02pm

i really like this documentary...it very sad how they are being treated like that,, when will this ever finish.... people wants to live in peace and to enjoy their life in a wonderful place,,cumon guys let stand for what is right and let never back down,,violent should not happen!!

ofa momo

ofa momo 11 Jun 2014 - 05.58pm

dawn raid is a sad video+it sad how they treat each other like tht :) everyone jut stop with the violent okay treat people like how people use to treat there children okay be happy and stay strong :D :D yolo+yodo you only live once

viliami

viliami 11 Jun 2014 - 05.41pm

i love dis video help me learn different thing and help me thou m school and stuff :D people stop with dah violent okay people :) peace out yoooo

elizabeth is boss!!

elizabeth is boss!! 10 Jun 2014 - 08.04pm

i really learn alot from this video,, and it sad how people treat like that :D :(

Baba

Baba 10 Jun 2014 - 07.33pm

I really enjoyed this video, it really helped me with my school works :)

pilisi mafi

pilisi mafi 10 Jun 2014 - 02.43pm

A lot like today's raids on illegal immigrants from our neighboring Mexico. This is separating Mexican families in the U.S.

Marilynn Fasick

Marilynn Fasick 26 May 2014 - 08.14am

How is it that only the Maori have a right to claim "NZ nativist status?" The citizens of New Zealand have a right to determine who can settle in their country. Many of the migrants were illegal immigrants. Is it racist to enforce the law? Lastly, how can a state have open borders AND a welfare state?
Would think this state response would be expected.

Jonathan

Jonathan 21 May 2014 - 10.12pm

This was a SOWLLLIIID doco vid pretty sad on how our indigenous people got treated like that aye

mateo saulala

mateo saulala 21 May 2014 - 01.53pm

hi thanks for the awesome documentary, it really helped me with my school assignment, i feel that this information lead me into success and just finding out something interesting about our people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan

ryan 26 Mar 2014 - 10.36am

Thank you for making this documentary. As shameful as these chapter in our history was,we must never forget this.

SAm

SAm 15 Dec 2013 - 08.12pm

that got to me - very emotional

dOpeey

dOpeey 6 Aug 2013 - 12.40pm

good job with the documentary............ choice man

terry holamotu

terry holamotu 6 Aug 2013 - 12.37pm

Good job

Kevin

Kevin 6 Jun 2013 - 10.28am

When did the dawn raids end?

Sione Haku

Sione Haku 21 May 2013 - 05.56am

A well presented documentary that generated a number of emotions. The pain a number of people must have gone through during a very difficult time. In particular those accosted with very little evidence but for the color of their skin.

For me it highlights a number of issues. The imbalance in power at the time - between police and the common person, how the government of the day looked at and treated pacific people as insignificant and the economic gap between european and non european.

A very well documented part of New Zealand's history.

Unlike what is unfortunately a pacific trait, I hope this part of our history is not swept under the rug and that reminders, like this documentary, and others are taught to the generations to come.

Interested

Interested 19 May 2013 - 01.52pm

I loved the documentary! It wasn't completely single minded, I was given all perspectives and received all information, open mindedly! It seemed to be a difficult period for everyone, where everyone just began turning against each other, challenging themselves morally and ethically! Once again, it was great, from the archival footage to its link in interviews! Cheers!

Tongan

Tongan 14 Aug 2012 - 11.11pm

Big ups on this Doco. I was born '79 in Auckland and heard various stories of the Dawnraids growing up. This doco was informative, really well structured and made me more appreciative of the NZ government and my the difficulties my family went through during those times. Thanks again.

daleo79

daleo79 29 Mar 2012 - 01.46am

this was a solid documentary, it's sad how our peoples were treated like this , i feel for them...... =)

Palagi Ropati Frost

Palagi Ropati Frost 23 Mar 2012 - 10.22am

Amazing documentary! Clip 3, 6min-50sec shows my Mum in the summer of 1979 on K'rd, she's the one standing at the entrance of the 4Square in the Red dress, with my little sister asleep in the pram only 6 months old, my 1 year old brother on the push chair aswell enjoying his lollies and me leaning against the pram aged 3. I'm so proud of the kiwi's that took a stand against this shame! Must commend the producers and directors for all the facts and footage, sometimes we need to know where we've been to know where we're heading, Proud to be a Kiwi born Tongan! GOD DEFEND NEW ZEALAND!

Siosifa Taungakava

Siosifa Taungakava 9 Oct 2011 - 03.23pm

This is great . Wonderful. I showed my grandparents who immigrated here in NZ in 1970. It brings a lot of good and bad memories of when they first came here. My Grandparents had lived in Ponsonby and the North Shore, before meeting each other and eventually settling in Mangere where we all live. I am grateful at the attention given to the people and makes me proud that NZ was there when we needed them for jobs. Thank you and God Bless.

Jordan