The Governor - The Reverend Traitor (Episode One) Television (Full Length Episode) – 1977 Drama Māori

The Governor - The Reverend Traitor (Episode One)

Television (Full Length Episode) – 1977 Drama Māori

George Henare killing it as Hone Heke!!!

Philip Monolagi

Philip Monolagi 17 Jan 2015 - 12.31am

Great to see a young Lani Tupu as a extra!

Nadine Rodriguez

Nadine Rodriguez 8 Feb 2014 - 01.30pm

Thank you so much, I see myself in Episode One Clip 4. I was part of Upper Hutt Rugby League Club, played role of a mother and 2 little boys. Can identify a lot of members what a great memory for those who have since passed on. Kia Ora

Ngawai Tomlins

Ngawai Tomlins 25 Jun 2013 - 11.54pm

I was an extra when they filmed at Hudson's property at Tikokino. My first and only appearance in a commercial film.

Vivienne Bibby

Vivienne Bibby 28 Nov 2010 - 04.15pm

RIP Corin Redgrave

Darren Schroeder

Darren Schroeder 7 Apr 2010 - 06.07am

We are working on getting more episodes of The Governor, hopefully one more very soon and the rest to come. They're very complex to clear the rights for!

The series isn't for sale anywhere, we hope you enjoy the episodes we make available here.

8 Feb 2010 - 09.16am

can we buy this series anywhere!!

Reo Dunn

Reo Dunn 6 Feb 2010 - 11.06am

How about a few more episodes please!

Darren Schroeder

Darren Schroeder 5 Feb 2010 - 05.58pm

I am speechless. I have just tonight discovered this site and watched only a few moments of The Governor. Will register very soon. My comment is, thanks. Thanks heaps for a look back to how we were thinking back then. And thanks for reminding me of that. I remember watching The Governor every week, faithfully looking forward to each episode, and I remember also, the criticisms it received way back then, and many of those criticisms, I agreed with at the time. We were a very different Nation back then and we have made progress since. This site has reminded me of the past, and helped me realise how far we all have come. Thanks - heaps of Aroha
Venus
PS - great to read Quentin's comment too.

Venus Yerkovich

Venus Yerkovich 20 Nov 2009 - 10.23pm

I have hazy memories of myself as a 4 year old playing the part of (I think) the Governor's grandson, filmed at Gwavas Homestead in Hawkes Bay in 1975(ish). This involved being made to wear make-up, a scratchy horse hair wig, jodphurs and too-tight boots, then playing quoits with a girl playing (I think) the Governors grand-daughter on the lawn of the homestead, which was standing in for the mansion on Kawau Island. If I've been told by my parents in the intervening years since then that the old man with whom I was asked to walk hand in hand down a garden path (I refused and ran off and hid) was Corin Redgrave, I've forgotten it entirely. Otherwise it would be on my CV. I'm told this was for the filming of the second episode. I even more vaguely remember being woken up long after my bedtime to watch myself on telly, but have no memory of actually seeing it. Are there plans to publish any more epsiodes on the website? Quentin

quentin Kynoch