Sara Wiseman first got the acting bug while volunteering on the set of Peter Jackson’s feature film Heavenly Creatures. She began her career as a stuntwoman alongside Zoe Bell, but gained her first big acting break in the drama series Street Legal. Her best known New Zealand role is Dr Nicky Sommerville on Mercy Peak. Some of Wiseman’s other screen credits include Mataku, Sione’s Wedding, Outrageous Fortune and Jinx Sister.
In this ScreenTalk, Wiseman talks about:
- How Street Legal introduced her to television acting
- The awkwardness of a sex scene with Jay Laga’aia
- The agony of auditioning for Mercy Peak
- Why she loved playing Nicky Sommerville
- How Outrageous Fortune gives actors the freedom to explore their characters
- The intensity of filming The Cult on location in winter
- Breaking her foot on the set of Jinx Sister
was first uploaded on 10 November 2009, and
is available under
this Creative Commons licence.
This licence is limited to use of ScreenTalk interview footage only and does not apply to any video content and
photographs from films, television, music videos, web series and commercials used in the interview.