Fane Flaws has popped up in all kinds of places: on the Blerta bus, holding a paintbrush, and behind a guitar and video camera. In this extended Funny As interview he covers all of the above and more:
- Waiting at a bus stop in Wellington one night, when the Blerta bus stopped in front of him and changed his life
- Touring Australasia as part of the Blerta performance collective, and blowing minds in the provinces
- Playing in band Spats/The Crocodiles— and later joining the long tradition of Kiwi filmmakers supporting local musicians by making videos for them
- The many "genius ideas" for TV adverts that he saw get rejected when he was directing commercials
- Selling thousands of copies of children's book and album The Underwatermelon Man, but still losing his house in the process — and why The Wiggles should be exterminated
- Great talents he's been lucky enough to work with along the way, including: Bruno Lawrence, the "helluva funny" Neville Purvis (aka Arthur Baysting), the “genius” Front Lawn, and the “completely spontaneous” John Clarke
This interview was recorded for 2019 TV series
Funny As: The Story of New Zealand Comedy.
All audiovisual content is copyright to Augusto, and may not be reproduced. Publication of
extended interviews made possible with funding from the NZ Lotteries Grants Board.